Okay, now that all the holiday décor is unpacked and in full force, it may be time to remind condominium dwellers to take a step back and make sure that their decorations are compliant with any holiday décor policies their condo or coop may have.
Considerations for Snow Removal Contracts
Items Your Client’s Snow Removal Contract Should Include:
- Specifics on when the work will commence, generally stated in terms of the number of inches of accumulated snow.
- Will the snow be removed on a continuous basis? Will only certain areas be continuously cleared, and the remainder of the snow to be cleared after the snow has ended?
- A snow removal completion deadline should be clearly stated in the contract.
- Clearly specify what areas, streets, driveways, garage areas, etc. are to be cleared.
- Determine which areas are to be cleared with a shovel, which are to be cleared with a snow plow, etc. If a snowplow is to be used, state how many inches off the ground the plow must be raised in an attempt to prevent any damage to asphalt and other surfaces.
- Take into consideration any potential negative effects on concrete, plant materials, paint or other areas before choosing whether salt, ice melt or sand should be applied.
- The contractor should obtain proper insurance prior to signing the contract naming the association as an additional insured.
- Will the contractor’s equipment be stored on the property?
- How will the contractor repair any damages, if any, done to the property during the snow removal process?
New Empire Group is a nationally recognized and awarded insurance program administrator providing specialty insurance programs and products for the commercial real estate industry, including Commercial Umbrella, CondoPak, and RECOVER Environmental.
To see what’s new at New Empire Group, LTD. visit our social media sites – Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter!
Thanksgiving, celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, is a wonderful time of the year. (Christmas may try and say otherwise.) It doesn’t get better than expressing gratitude and appreciation for all we have in our lives, getting together with friends and family, and stuffing ourselves with good food and drinks.